Saturday 11 May 2013

Introduction!

I am a recent university graduate. I completed my Bachelor of Science with a double major in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science. It was a roller coaster ride getting here (trust me when I say math is no easy major). During my time at university, I picked up some hobbies/talents that I taught myself. Things like nail art, makeup, sewing, and cooking. My nail art is what sparked the idea for this blog. I've been posting pictures of my nail art on my Facebook ever since my first year of university. I've received so many comments and compliments, and I thought it would be fun to share my nail art more publicly.

A little bit about me. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. My faith has defined who I am today, and is the most positive influence in my life. I have the best family! I come from a family of five - Mom, Dad, two brothers (one older, one younger), and me. Growing up with two brothers and no sisters has given me some not-so-girly interests like cars and video games. I also love sports, art (drawing and painting), crafts/diy projects, and music. Music is a huge part of my life. My entire family can sing - my Mom and her brother and sisters have a Christmas album. I love to sing, but most of all I love to sing harmony. I was in choirs all through school and spent a lot of time singing with my high school best friends Heather, Devon, and Alisa. I have a YouTube channel where I've posted some performances from high school and where Devon and I continue to post covers (with occasional guest appearances from Heather). You can check out our videos here! I play drums, acoustic guitar, and trumpet. I like to tinker around on the piano as well. I am a reader. I'm a sucker for a good girly book! I have a bit of an obsession with makeup and fashion, which stems from watching beauty gurus on YouTube. I am a huge math nerd and computer nerd, hence the double major. I hope to soon have a job in computer programming! So...that's me in a nutshell.


My plan for this blog is to post about nail art, makeup, diy projects, and music, all of which are things that my post-secondary education could not teach me. If any of these things are for you, subscribe and stay tuned for more posts! (And don't forget to check out my YouTube channel!)



-Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment