Saturday 18 May 2013

Magnetic Polish Review

I've been wanting to try magnetic nail polish ever since it came out. It's a bit pricier than regular polish, and I've been afraid to splurge on it because I wasn't sure it would work. I've seen a lot of negative reviews on YouTube that have kept me from trying it out. There have been a couple of times where I've seen the Sally Hansen magnetic polish display at Walmart and have picked one out to try.... but then convinced myself that it will probably be a waste of money and put it back.

Today while browsing through the makeup section at Dollarama (which I highly suggest doing - you will be surprised what they're selling there for dirt cheap!) I noticed that they were selling 3 different colours of Sally Hansen's magnetic nail polish for $2. I figured there wasn't really anything to lose if I didn't like it and it only cost me two dollars, so I picked up a black one (the other options were silver or gold). The colour is called "graphite gravity" and is actually more of a dark silver. 



I am not sure where all of the negative reviews are coming from, because I absolutely love this polish! I just tried it out and it was super easy and looks great! I applied it exactly as the instructions on the back said. Here's what I did:

First I applied a base layer of the polish and let it dry



Then I put a second coat on one nail and immediately took the magnet and held it over top of the nail for 10-15 seconds. I made sure I placed the guide piece just above the cuticle so the magnet was over the whole nail. 


When I pulled the magnet away, the wave design was there! Then I repeated this for each nail. When I was done, my nails looked like this:



I'm in love with the results. It looks smooth and shiny! I'm gonna have to make a trip to Walmart soon to buy some brighter colours of magnetic polish. If you're unsure about magnetic polish, I highly recommend buying it from Dollarama first to see if you like it. Hope this review was helpful!


-Mariah

No comments:

Post a Comment