Friday 24 May 2013

Swan French Tip - Nail Art Tutorial

I got my last wisdom tooth out yesterday. Two years ago I got the other two wisdom teeth out, but this last one was still far from ready so they didn't take it out until yesterday. Since I'm in recovery I have to take it easy, which can get boring pretty quickly. I figured it was a perfect opportunity to paint nails! I did my mom's finger nails and toe nails and then I did my own fingernails. I did a really simple design on my nails that turned out looking pretty fancy. Since it was so easy I figured it would make a good tutorial! I call it swan french tip.



The Tutorial:

To achieve this design all you need is a regular white nail polish, and a blue striper nail polish. The striper I used is from Walmart and was really inexpensive and works great!




Start by painting a strip of the white polish along the tip of your nail. It will probably take two coats to make it smooth and opaque. If you get some polish on your finger, you can use a q-tip with nail polish remover to fix the mistake.



After letting the white dry for a few minutes, you can start on the blue "swan". First draw a line of blue along the edge of the white polish. Let the line come to a point about 3/4 of the way across your nail. This can be achieved by slowly pulling the brush tip away from the nail as you draw the line. Once the first line is drawn, you will draw the top line. Start at the same corner as the first line, and draw at a 45 degree angle so that the line is being drawn towards the centre of your nail. Before reaching the centre, create a hook by looping up and back towards the corner where the line started. To finish off the design, draw a line between the first two, again bringing the line to a point about 3/4 of the way across.



Repeat this on each nail and add a top coat if you wish. For a topcoat, remember to use a thick coat so that the brush does not pull on the design and ruin it. The brush should not actually touch the nail as you apply the top coat.


And that's it! Hope you enjoyed this design and tutorial!

-Mariah

1 comment: